Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Priorities

I have some conflicting priorities this week that are posing a problem for me.

  1. In the midst of this whole re-evaluation of faith I found a class that I thought would be interesting and provocative: American Jesus or Incomparable Christ? It examines ways Jesus Christ is understood in the pages of Scripture, in the history of the church, and in the general culture. We will examine the changing faces of Christ as He has been variously understood and misunderstood and seek to better comprehend the biblical material. (Sigh). It will be good for me because it's from a Christian tradition that I am resistant to.
  2. But.....Idol is on tonight! And I don't have anyway to record it.
  3. Then, tomorrow night I want to go to Black Cat for open mic night. An organization I work with, HIPS (Helping Individual Prostitutes Survive), is being sponsored and proceeds go to help them with their work "to assist female, male, and transgendered individuals engaging in sex work in Washington, DC in leading healthy lives. Utilizing a harm reduction model, HIPS' programs strive to address the impact that HIV/AIDS, STIs, discrimination, poverty, violence and drug use have on the lives of individuals engaging in sex work." (Sigh).
  4. But...Idol is on Wednesday night too! And still no way to record it.

Priorities, priorities. Whatever shall I do?

Oh, and by the way, while I do love Ace, my money is on Elliot, Chris, Gedeon and Will for the top guys.

Any assistance with the Priorities issue? Like, somebody wanting to donate a VCR?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, all caught up! Soooo cool. I absoloutley LOVE how inquisitive you are!! I enjoyed it and it is really good to get to know you even better. You sound healthy and wonderful, all I can say is that God is good and you go as fffaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr out into that field as you need to, like the "walker" in the borders said you are his child and he is your Father, you'll never go too far. If I can be of any support in those times that he feels fleeting, I'll trust him for you. Love Ya, Keema