Friday, April 07, 2006

Desire

In order to experience the fulfillment of desire, I must also be exposed to experience disappointment. I have struggled hard to protect myself from disappointment and as a result have missed out on the joy of fulfilled desire. I've guarded my heart like a lioness and experienced lonliness as a result. It has not served me well.

I have spent (and probably continue to spend) far too many days, moments, years waiting for the other shoe to drop. Expecting disappointment has become a way of life...a way to avoid the uncertainty of hope.

~More musings on vulnerability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Healing the pain frees you from expecting the worst. Failed expectations lead to disappointments. Keep your head up. You have the choice to change how you feel. Work in progress...