Monday, June 04, 2007

Oh, Marion!

  1. Woman drives her car through a crowd at a street festival in DC.
  2. Woman is held without bond pending Grand Jury hearing.
  3. Woman said she had been smoking crack all day prior to the incident.
  4. Woman is employed as a temporary receptionist in former DC mayor, Marion Barry's office.
  5. Marion Barry will cancel contract with temp agency, accusing them of negligent screening.

I think the temp agency, at best, is adept at matching personnel with appropriate employers; at worst, has a great sense of humor.

5 comments:

Andy said...

You can't deny that logic. LOL Well done, Lexi!

Lex said...

@ Andy

All I could think when I heard it on the radio was, "the NERVE!!"

@ ~m~

Ha! I can just see your neck rolling.

I guess he stopped being a man of the people when the people started taking bets on how long it would take for his ass to get arrested again.

mist1 said...

I'm submitting my resume to that agency.

jali said...

I love these twists.

good reporting lex!

~Macarena~ said...

I wonder if it's weird arresting your own mayor.