Monday, July 02, 2007

If I called this post what I want to, I'd have the Secret Service breathing in my farts...

If my single, most trusted, most intimate confidante were to pull me aside and ask me to confide in him/her my deepest darkest secret; that one thing I am most miserably ashamed of; that one choice that I regret for its having revealed how astoundingly low I’d sunken, how inconceivably far from sanity I’d traversed, it would be this. On November 7, 2000, I voted for George W. Bush.


I know. If you want to run away and delete me from your blogroll I completely understand. But, if there is an ounce of grace in your heart, forgive me and read on. I’m back on my meds.

I started drafting this post with the intention of espousing the notion that Black Christian voters are perhaps the most schizophrenic voting block in America, but I'll talk about that later. Today I'm just disgusted. He is an embarrassment to himself, to humankind. He's a renegade, gangster, corrupt, do-whatever-the-fuck-he-feels-like-doing outlaw.

I don't even have the energy to discuss the war. It breaks my heart. It's ridiculous. But this Libby shit?!?! Why doesn't he just drop his pants and moon the justice system?

Can January 2009 GET HERE ALEADY!!!

7 comments:

~Macarena~ said...

I am shocked, but not appalled. Since you voted, Puffy doesn't have to kill you. So there's that. Around the time I, Spy was released, I thought Dubya was a folksy guy; I liked what I perceived as his persona. That was when I avoided most things political; I had no idea.

I keep thinking the election is this year, and the 01-20-09 bumper stickers make me sad.

Andy said...

"Since you voted, Puffy doesn't have to kill you."

BEST. COMMENT. EVER!!! LOL!

I'm ashamed to admit I voted for Dubya as well. To make matters worse, I did it TWICE.

If I only knew THEN what I know NOW.

[sigh]

Unfortunately, it seems like voting simply comes down to picking the person who sucks the least.

The next mayoral election in Indy is going to be like that, too. Our current mayor is responsible for my property taxes increasing 62% ALL AT ONCE. What the ehf is up with THAT?!

I'd call him an idiot, but that would be an insult to TRUE idiots.

I think it would be easier if we just randomly opened the phone book, pointed at someone's name, and THAT person has to be president (or mayor, or whatever). We'd probably be a lot better off in the long run that way.

And this Libby business is just disgusting. Just another unbelievable chapter in the G.W. legacy.

[stepping off of soap box]

EsLocura said...

Here's what scares me most ... that fool has nothing to lose now, he knows he is on his way out, so who cares, he may be able to f**k things up even more. It's sad really. BTW, I forgive you, you were confused but now you see the light.

Unknown said...

All I have to say is "I didn't have sex with that woman..." no no! I'm not lying under oath "It depends on what you definition of is is"

When Clinton did it he wasn't fined $250,000.00 and 30 months and he did far worse than Libby. Bush was wrong , he should have pardoned the man for peace sake.

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is." –Bill Clinton, during his 1998 grand jury testimony on the Monica Lewinsky affair

"It depends on how you define alone…" –Bill Clinton, in his grand jury testimony

"There were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were." –Bill Clinton, in his grand jury testimony

"What's a man got to do to get in the top fifty?" –Bill Clinton,
reacting to a survey of journalists that ranked the Monica Lewinsky scandal as the 53rd most significant story of the century

~Macarena~ said...

Lex is on fire! Twice!

Bush called the sentence "excessive," yet he supports the death penalty and reportedly mocked a woman he refused to pardon. While I hate liars, I now don't think the Clinton scandal was a big deal, and I don't see how his infidelity or lies hurt the country. Libby and company committed treason.

Aw, thanks Andy. This voting thing makes y'all ever more the perfect couple. Please send a thank-you note to Dubya, and be sure to include a picture.

Anonymous said...

Sunnect AP501

Anonymous said...

Maqui Berry Scam