Thursday, January 25, 2007

ISO Estate Sale: Cheap Car

Thanks everyone for all of the well wishes!! I'm doing better. I'm achy and my neck is my enemy at the moment. But there's no room to complain. I'm just happy to be alive.

I got the official word today. I have to buy a new car. Anybody know an old lady who wants to sell her 2 year old Honda that she only drove to the grocery store and back, with 2500 miles on it, for $7000? If you find her let me know. I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I really want to buy a bucket and drive it until the wheels fall off, but I just checked the safety ratings on the car I totaled. It pays to buy a good car and not just a cheap one. I was surprised by how safe my baby was. Best in the industry for front impact. Go figure. It sucks that I have to start a brand new car note. But I'm alive with a cut finger. I'm not complaining.

Here are some of my favorite comments this week:

Well that's ONE way to get a clean car! Damn. I told you I'd wash it for you.

I know you didn't feel like working this week, but dang!

[zzzzzzz! zzzzzzzzzzz!]
Yes, snoring. I called a certain someone from the emergency room to tell him/her about the accident and s/he fell asleep on me. Classic! To be fair, s/he had just taken meds that knock you out. S/he feels guilty. I thought it was funny. It was priceless!

Now I need to get on to the business of going back to Cali. I leave for Santa Monica on Saturday. I love my job sometimes. No complaints from me for the free trips. The conference starts on Monday, but of course we had to build in a weekend in L.A. I'll bet you anything it snows! Then I'm gonna be pissed. Well, not so much since I don't have to drive in it.

When did "not so much" become the new catch phrase? I think it belongs in the same category as "hot". That would be the say it again and I'll scream category. The thing is, as much as I hate it, I catch myself saying it--like 3 sentences ago.

I'm off to eat leftovers. There's been zero cooking for me this week.

Toodles.

8 comments:

~Macarena~ said...

Is Sleepy that 911 Operator?

Lex said...

@ ~m~

Ha!! That would have been awful. No, but I did get a busy signal the first 3 times I called 911.

katrice said...

I'd bring something over, but I haven't been cooking this week either. I've got hot dogs. And yesterday's pizza. Want some?

Christina_the_wench said...

Santa Monica is pretty cool. LA, not so much. *giggles* Sorry. Had to do it.

jali said...

OMG momma - how did I miss this on Monday? I'm so glad you're okay. Geeze. Scary to just read about - you must have been freaking out!

Happy about the insurance. I've been there (unable to pay my premium) and I know the scary feeling.

Hugs!

SBW in MD said...

Try the woodbridge auto auction. Most of theri cars have already passed inspection and you can look at them prior to the auction.

Crankster said...

There's no ice on the streets of Santa Monica! Yay!

Anonymous said...

I found your site through Green Apple Martini and I love it. I'm glad you're okay.