Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Hap Happiest Season of All

Tomorrow is Friday! The weekend cometh. Yay!!

Weeks seem to fly by these days. October's half gone folks. I feel like I just said this about September. It's going to be the holidays in no time.

I love the holidays. I love cooking and eating with the people you love. I swear, for me, it's one of life's greatest pleasures.

I'm thinking of giving baked goods as gifts again this year. I haven't done it in ages. I would love to shop and find the perfect gift for everyone I love, but who has money for that? I certainly don't. And, since my home and my kitchen are my favorite spots on the planet at the moment, I'm thinking I'll spend some time there. I'll throw all of my love into my tiny delectable creations.

I'll use the book nook in my little apartment to cuddle up and do some recipe searching over the next couple of months. If you've got a preference (and are presumptuous enough to think I'd give you a holiday gift) let me know what you'd like. I'll take requests.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...la, la, la, la, la.

Oh shut up! Halloween will be over before you blink.

9 comments:

~Macarena~ said...

Ooh, a book nook!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Yeah. What she said.

Home-baked goods are a beautiful gift. There is no better way to give of yourself. Let us know what you decide to make so we can all salivate wildly.

Anonymous said...

Gingerbread men. and gingerbread christmas trees. The smell!! the taste!! I eat his arms and legs and save his head for last. Make sure you ice on lil buttons ...
Christmas is a-coming! la-la-la indeed!

Lex said...

@ ~m~ and Heart

Yep! It's one of my favorite spots. I'll post a pic for you.

@ Island Spice

Yummy! Love gingerbread men. They aren't my favorite to make...but I'd make a batch for you! Of course you'd go for the ginger, Spicy Lady.

I'm glad you share my cheer.

Christina_the_wench said...

My address is....


Lovin' the book nook too. Looks damn comfy!

KMF said...

Ummmm, yes I love the book nook too but...uhhh, I am presumptuous enough so yes, I want CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES or MUFFINS of the same type! Don't you just love me?!?!? :)

Lex said...

@KMF

You've got 'em, babe!!

Gela said...

Baked goods make great gifts Lex. I wish I could bake.

Anonymous said...

I am expecting a gift and I am hoping it will involve chocolate! Last year Camille and I made cookies and fudge with Cecily. I would love for us to all get together for a baking spree!!!