Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tagged Again: The Book Meme

~Macarena~ tagged me to do The Book Meme. I wanted to ignore her, but since I'd seen it elsewhere before and already started my answers, I've complied.

I'm really looking for new stuff to read...so prepare to be tagged!

1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE?

Too Be Told, Dan Allender

2. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE?

MacBeth, William Shakespeare

3. ONE BOOK YOU WOULD WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND?

The Oxford Anthology of English Literature
The whole shebang, not just Volume 2...That's just the only pic that looks like the one on my bookshelf.

4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH?

Dirty Girls Social Club by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez.

I think this was the first time I laughed out loud in public while reading. I was in the airport waiting for my flight, doubled over laughing and crying. Now, I must say that when I leaned over and read what I was laughing at to the ex, he wasn't as amused. But you can't go by him.

5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY?

The Wounded Heart
, Dan Allender

6. ONE BOOK YOU WISH YOU HAD WRITTEN?

Longing to Tell: Black Women Talk about Sexuality and Intimacy
, Tricia Rose

I wish I could have experienced collecting all of these stories. I would have loved to meet these women and have the privilege of connecting with them in this area that we so rarely speak candidly about, especially in our communities.

7. ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN?

All the pink books in Christian bookstores.

8. ONE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING?

Letter to a Christian Nation, Sam Harris

9. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ?

The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks

10. ONE BOOK YOU'RE GLAD YOU OWN?

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Tantric Sex, Dr. Judith Kuriansky

11. ONE MUST READ ALOUD?

Fox in Socks, Dr. Seuss - Do it now!


Now my victims: Katrice, Kwesi, KMF, Freshairlover, Heartinsanfracisco, Andy

And I hereby give my solem oath that I shall never tag you twice!!

Everyone else is tagged by association. Feel free to just give any responses you'd like in my comments.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh Lex! I love love love books! I sometimes lock away the world, and curl up for entire weekends with a book. Some books become my friends.. I can't wait to get home and interact with them again.I have even felt sad when I reached the end of a good book...
Tag me! Tag me!

Lex said...

Island Spice

Consider yourself tagged! I can't wait to hear what you've read and hope to read!

Lex said...

Apparently there's some confusion about #6. The meme I was originally working from asks for one book you wish you had written...I think. So, I responded accordingly. Everyone else's meme seems to ask for one book you wish had been written. So, here's my #6 Revised:

She Might Just Know Something:Listen to You Mama when she gives you Dating Advice!

~Macarena~ said...

Why in my green universe would you want to ignore me?! (Thanks for using the tildes.)

3. I should have been militant. Do you not agree that "desert" is incorrect, because they mean "deserted"?

6. It's "you wish had been written," I just made it a book about me me me!

7. Are they anti-gay?

9. No-o-o-o-o-o-o! We are no longer twins. You are now BizarroMe.

~Macarena~ said...

The ex is a killjoy.

Lex said...

~m~

Wanting to ignore the tag! LOL

Desert: –adjective
6. of, pertaining to, or like a desert; desolate; barren.

I don't know that the pink books are anti-gay, but they're all about how to be perfect is to be the little perfect stay-at-home, homeschooling, Christian wife. ARRRRGGHHHH!!!

BizarroMe???

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Wow! Good thing I stopped by on my way out of the planet or I would never have known you tagged me.

I'm glad you explained the pink books as I didn't know either. I don't spend a lot of time in Christian bookstores.

I'll really have to give this one some thought. So many books, so little time.

:<)

~Macarena~ said...

Yeah, but why would you want to ignore my tag when you tagged me first?

Okay, you are on a desert island. It doesn't mean there's no one there. It's desolate and barren, but not necessarily abandoned or devoid of people or transportation off it.

BizarroWorld is where everything is opposite, so BizarroSuperman might be corrupt and weak. You'll be my evil (no longer cool e-vil) twin if you like The Notebook.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Can Lex come out and play?

If we go to my yard, you can see my book meme.

~Macarena~ said...

Does the blogroll show "Has Thoughts" when we leave comments or when we have a new post?

How'd you do that?

Lex said...

@ ~m~

Blogrolling.com

It means that that blogger has a new post. You can make your say whatever you like. I replaced the links in the blogger template with the blogroll "powered by Blogrolling". LOL