Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I know I'm a dinosaur, but...

text messaging is for~

  • making sure there' s nothing else you need to pick up at the grocery store
  • letting you know I made it in safely
  • calling someone's attention to the funny thing in the room you can't otherwise point out
  • GPS in a crowd
  • just saying "hi", once in a while
  • cheating on a test
  • "writing" down a phone number or directions when you're driving
  • news updates
text messaging is not for~

  • serious conversations
  • bringing up a topic that is difficult to discuss
  • propositioning for sex
  • or anything else you don't have the balls to say out loud
Oh and Happy Valentine's Day.

11 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Someone I know and love was broken up with via text message. I thought that was a new low in lowliness.

KMF said...

Hey now....if he is just a booty call, in my book, please don't call me....just text and if I feel like it I will let you know! LOL. No need to converse with my "lively dildo!"

Lex said...

@ Heart

That's cowardice at its worst.

@ KMF

You watch too much Sex in the City. Or maybe I do. I remember Miranda speaking of no need to talk to FB.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!!!!!

Andy said...

I'm even MORE of a dinosaur then, Lexi. I don't like text messaging AT ALL.

Perhaps that's because most of the ones I have received were more annoyance than anything.

But hey, if I ever got one that's a booty call... it'd make my day. Bring it on!

LOL

katrice said...

There are more graceful ways to ask for what you want.

Lex said...

@ Debbie

Indeed.

@ Andy

I've grown accustomed to texting, though I've gone kicking and screaming.

The only reason you haven't gotten that text is because I don't have your number. ;)

@ Katrice

Yeah, but some things should just go unsaid. Or at the very least said to the right person!

mist1 said...

I got a text message yesterday from a friend who thought that he saw me get in a car accident.

Apparently, he saw the wreck and continued on his way. He messaged me several hours later.

I wish that I had responded:

"Yes. Am in a coma."

jali said...

I think text-sex is kind of cool. This is only with someone you have a good established relationship with - not an initial proposition.

Lex said...

@ jali

You, my dear, have it the problem square on the head!!!!

Lex said...

*have hit