Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Days

the essentials~

  • 1 dozen 3 flavored cake-like donuts. Hostess are the best, but grab whichever ones are left after the crazies ransack the grocery store. One year I walked 1.5 miles in 2 feet of snow to get them. They're that essential. The plain ones are mine. You guys can fight over the powdered and cinnamon ones.
  • Good hot chocolate fixings: good cocoa powder, good vanilla extract, good chocolate chips.
  • Blankie
  • Remote
  • Cereal and milk
  • Cheese and bread for grilled cheese sandwiches
  • Soup/stew/chili ingredients

That's what I need to make a snow day perfect. What about you?

12 comments:

mist1 said...

I cooked tonight. I opened a bottle of wine and poured it in a glass.

katrice said...

Must. Have. Ketchup.

All the good foods require it.

Crankster said...

Have you tried making hot chocolate with Abuelita Mexican chocolate?

It's pure decadence.

Lex said...

@ mist1

You are a true chef.

@ Katrice

If you say so. Funny how all my treats are sweet and yours are salty.

@ Crankster

No. But I shall. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Are you staying home today? I am. I've been watching cars slide down my street for the last hour.

Andy said...

Ohhhh... grilled cheese sammiches!!! That hadn't even occurred to me, but now I think I'm going to get out my big old cast-iron skillet and have one!

I made chili again on Saturday as soon as I heard the snow forecast, so at least I did THAT much right!!!

I agree with your entire list 100%, but I want to add one more item:

- someone else to shovel out my driveway

Oh well... at least I got most of them covered. I'll be shoveling later this afternoon. sigh

Lex said...

@ Deb

Yep! I sure am. I almost died going to work in the ice 3 weeks ago. No repeats.

@ Andy

Ah, yes. Someone else to shovel the snow. Downside of being single. I share your pain.

@ HDD

Yum. I made dark chocolate chipotle cookies for Christmas. Lovely combination indeed.

~Macarena~ said...

I don't get snow days.

Lex said...

@ ~m~

That is tragic.

~Macarena~ said...

Perhaps it is, and I am in denial. I like the quiet when other people are off.

Are these snow days like for school, or do you have to make up the time?

Lex said...

@ ~m~

Nope. No make up days. With pay.

~Macarena~ said...

Okay, that is awesome.

I could take time, but I'd feel guilty, and I don't want to waste vacation time on days when I can't drive.