Thursday, March 29, 2007

Better Late than Never

I am always amazed and humbled that any of you bother to read my ramblings. I started this blog because I had lost faith in the sacredness of my personal journals. I figured, if one person was so curious about what was running back and forth in my little brain, why not share it with the world (as if anyone would care). I sent an email to a few friends and family when I started and I half expected that 1 or 2 of them would read beyond my first post. It's unbelievable that I've actually met new people who have been amazing, kind, provocative and engaged in the conversations I've initiated here. Thank you to all of you who read, though I'm not always sure why you do.

One of my favorite bloggers of all time is Heartinsanfrancisco. She is an amazing storyteller. She's has a compelling story to tell and I wait with bated breath for the next installment that peels back yet another layer to reveal the beautiful soul she is and how she got to be that way. She's adorable and funny and quite honestly, one of the wisest women I "know". I so value her perspective on life's issues and my comments wouldn't be the same without her voice. She has bestowed among me the Thinking Blogger Award, and thereby tagged me with the following meme:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Now, since I've waited so long to actually do this, all of the untagged bloggers I would have picked have been picked. I don't have 5 now, so don't follow my example should you choose to play.

Without further ado, my picks to be Thinking Blogger Award recipients:

1. Green Apple Martini - Her Love Thursdays always remind me of what really matters in this crazy life.

2. Greens 'n Cornbread - He's a new find for me, but oh so provocative.

Check them out, will ya?

4 comments:

Bob said...

I just found this! Thank you, I am honored.

see what you get when you're not satisfied with the status quo?

Lex said...

@ Bob

You're great. I haven't gotten over there as much as I want because I need time to digest your thoughts. But I'll be back for more greens 'n cornbread, for sure!

Welcome to On Second Thought...

katrice said...

Ah.... greens and cornbread!! And pepper sauce!!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, my, Lexi. I am stunned and humbled by your most generous comments about me.

Now I suppose you expect me to live up to them, don't you?

I admire you for the beauty of your spirit, so tough but gentle, and your insistence on total honesty and the engaging way you express yourself.

Blogging has redefined what a friend is, and you've become a really good one to me.