Saturday, March 24, 2007

More March Madness

The Sweet 16 has confirmed some things for me about watching basketball:

1. I don't need to watch the game. I just need to watch the score. I have gotten just as much of a thrill from watching CBS.com's live scoreboard as I have watching the actual games. I'm such a "bottom line" person. But I don't want to know just the final score, I want to know who's down or when the come back, etc.

2. The last 4 minutes of the game are the only one's that matter. Can I tell you how many of these games have been tied with less than 4 minutes to go. It's like it all starts over and the other 36 minutes didn't count.

I have probably just disqualified myself as a true fan. I enjoy the stakes more than the game, I think.

I am more than a little excited about the game Georgetown STOLE last night. But I'll take it!!

6 comments:

CP said...

I just like to watch the guys.

rawr!

CP.

Andy said...

I used to be a HUGE fan of collegiate level b-ball. Not sure what happened, actually... but I haven't watched a good NCAA game in ages.

Your posts kinda make me wanna get back into the swing of things though!

I'd say "GO BIG-10!!!" but I don't think any Big-10 teams are left now!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Hey, Lex, you've been tagged. Come on over and I'll tell you about it.

Susan

Lex said...

@ CP

There some hotties in the finals, but damn, I feel like a pedophile!

@ Andy

Ha!! I've had the best time with this tournament. That G-town victory over those damned Tarheels of Satan set all right with the universe. DUKE and NC OUT (along with MD, but that's not the point), now I don't care who wins!! I hope it's G-town, so I can go to the party.

Is this mid-life crisis? I'm so nostalgic right now. Do you know how LONG ago undergrad was?

jali said...

The final 4 will be here in ATL. I'm gonna have a great weekend!

thethinker said...

I agree with #2. I always come in to watch at the end of the game, because that's when everything is actually decided once and for all.