Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's March Madenss Time

The finest season of American sports is upon us--March Madness. I love the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament better than any sporting event in the history of life. It takes me back to Cole Field House at the University of Maryland when the Terps well, sucked, but it didn't matter. They were my sucky Terps. And they still are. Fear the Turtle, I tell you . Fear. Him.

Before I was a Terp I was a Hoyas fan. I have 3 versions of my brackets. My fantasy version has Maryland and Georgetown in the finals with the Terps cutting down the nets. A girl can dream. Leave me alone. Besides, I secretly take pleasure, oddly, in those nut cases setting bonfires in the middle of Rt. 1 to the chagrin of the College Park police.

At the moment, Duke is struggling against Virginia Commonwealth (why can't they just be Virginia STATE like all the rest of the states, minus the other commonwealths?). Anyway, nothing will make me happier than a Duke upset. I despise Duke and North Carolina. I'm a Terp. This hatred is required. I won't even consider either school for law school for this very reason. Yes. It is that serious.

In other news, I went to the doctor for a follow up on my lump. He was pleased that it had gone down considerably and he assured me that it is nothing to worry about. He told me that he'd refer me to a surgeon if I wanted a second opinion. I told him I trust him. I am relieved. Thank you all for your concern and support. Those antibiotics made me sick the whole time I was on them. Yuk. My stomach still isn't completely right, but it's a small price to pay to save the tatas.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. Mainly stuff about what I'm going to do with myself when all the T's are crossed and I's dotted with respect to wrapping up my past life. I feel like I'm in a fog, but I'll write about that more in a separate post. I'll probably start with, "What Being Almost 34 and Childless Means to Me". Should be a hoot. I can't write it tonight because I already have a cold and I'm down to one roll of toilet paper. So, no crying for me tonight. I need the last roll for cold snot and potty, not cry snot and potty. Cry snot is SO much worse than cold snot. So that post will come later. After I buy the good facial tissue with lotion in it.

This Duke game is a nail biter. Tied at 70 with 3:40 left to go. DIE, Blue Devils. DIE. Even if you do screw up my brackets. It's worth it to see you go DOWN!!

Nite, all. Got basketball to watch.

7 comments:

Island Spice said...

see? prayer works! :)
Glad to hear it.. make sure you do the follow up.
U throwing a pity party girl? I'll bring the chips!! My post will be '30+, big ass job and nothing else!' .. I;m glad u know the rules.. no depressing thoughts while nursing a cold.. so go take some vitamin c.. economise on that last roll and we'll link later. MWAH!
I normally like bball but the caribbean is all wrapped up in cricket world cup.. colonial un-american fun! :)

jali said...

There's an HBCU named Virginia State in Norfolf Va, so VCU in Richmond can't call itself that. I attended VUU (Virginia Union University) in Richmond so I know about this stuff.

CORRECTION: Football season is primary - anything else is just a game.

Lex said...

@ Island Spice

MWAH! Back at you. I'll have more time for the pity party when I finish celebrating the Duke upset. What the hell is cricket? LOL

@ Jali

I thought so. That's bad that I don't know all the HBCUs. Shame on me.

I knew you would object. ;)

Andy said...

I'm normally a huge NCAA addict, but after the Superbowl this year, everything tends to pale in comparison. sigh....

Glad your checkup turned out good.

"Save the tatas"... lol... now THERE'S a cause I can get behind!

katrice said...

I was asked at work to go in on the pool, but I didn't have $5 to lose. I know nothing about college sports.

I think Kwesi played cricket in school, but I have no idea what it is.

I was proud of you for your buying "the good facial tissue with the lotion in it" statement. You know me and my paper fetish.

~Macarena~ said...

I loved Duke during Laettner's last years. "Virginia State" makes as much sense as "D.C. State."

~Macarena~ said...

I commend your dismissal of the Duke & UNC law schools.