Friday, July 21, 2006

Update on Homelessness

I found a place!!! I can move in in less than a month and it's in a great spot where I feel like I can run early in the mornings alone, and come in late at night without being attacked by rats, roaches, robbers and rapists! The essentials.

And, it's right across the parking lot from Tania and Kwesi! Yay!! I'll need them close by, because I'll be starving to death as my entire budget just shifted to the "lodging" category. Food has become a luxury. This might be the best fitness plan of all!

Thanks for all of the support. I never really imagined that the blogosphere would become such a supportive community. This is cool. Appreciation and warm, fuzzy feelings to all.

I'm in a great mood today. I'm motivated to stop selling myself short and to market myself in fields that will pay me what I'm worth. Another journey altogether.

Sure hope the boss doesn't know about my blog.

Have a great day!!!

BTW - have I mentioned that I have the best friends in the world?!

"You know you've got the greatest friends when the only time they make you cry is when you're laughing too hard!"

6 comments:

ardentgailla said...

Whooo-hooo!!!!

Well, I guess that means you won't be living next door to Mike and me...you won't get to enjoy the mice and the bad wiring, and the rest of the ghetto. LOL

I'm so happy!

Gela said...

That's great Lex!

KMF said...

God is a good God, huh!!?!?! I was afraid that you would have to really be homeless. I am dying to know the reason why I will have to lead my future without a big screen TV...

katrice said...

I, for one, can't wait until you move -- what, 40 yards -- away from us! This will motivate us to cook more often. And, Lordy, the mojitos we will drink!!! Hallelujer!

Anonymous said...

Did someone say Mojitos???? COUNT ME IN!! I make an excellent mojito -- I am even trying to grow my own mint (emphasis on trying)... I am so glad that you found a place--although you know that my futon is always available!

Lex said...

@ All

Thanks for your excitement! And yes, move in mojitos for all who grab a box on Aug. 13th (or scrub a bathroom or line a cabinet shelf).

@ Shellie

I make a great one too, I think. We have to compare recipes. I was just telling Tania that I'm going to put big ole planters on the balcony to grow mint. You used to be able to buy it by the bushel, but since mojitos have caught on like wildfire, allyou get is those $2 packs with 5 leaves!

Anyway, yes, come and drink. And unpack?